Join Our Team
Our vision is big. We want everyone to know the hope of Jesus. And it takes the right team to see this vision come to life.
If you are interested in being part of a team that wants the world to know the hope of Jesus, then let's talk! Our current job openings are below.
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Hours: 10 to 15 hours per week
- Salary: TBD
The Student Director (SD) is responsible for leading the student ministry (grades 6th through 12th) of The Church at Spring Hill. They will seek to reach students for Christ with the gospel and disciple students into disciple-makers.
The SD will be under the direction of and report to the Lead Pastor.
The SD should possess the ability to raise up volunteer leaders that align with the vision, mission, and values of The Church at Spring Hill.
The SD will also ensure that the processes, practices, and policies of the student ministry will responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities.
The SD should demonstrate spiritual maturity and evidence continual spiritual growth. This person must understand and support the beliefs, values, and strategy of The Church at Spring Hill. The SD must maintain a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This will be expressed through integrity, conduct, lifestyle, demeanor, and attitude. The SD must accept, affirm, and live out the Statement of Faith of the Church at Spring Hill.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and implement the overall direction for the student ministry.
- Lead a highly engaging, weekly student gathering with the purpose of growing students in their faith, developing community, and equipping students to reach their peers.
- Lead and attend the student ministry in a yearly summer camp.
- Seek out other opportunities for retreats during the year, such as a discipleship weekend.
- Create and implement a discipleship strategy.
- Equip the parents of the students to be the primary disciplers of their child(ren).
- Raise up and lead volunteers.
- Develop and maintain any necessary administration systems.
- Establish future plans and goals for the student ministry.
- Meet weekly with the Lead Pastor to discuss student ministry growth and personal growth.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Competencies and Traits
First and foremost, the candidate must love God and the local church.
In addition to the specific responsibilities required for this role, The Church at Spring Hill also seeks candidates that possess some general competencies and behavioral traits that enhance the effectiveness of our staff such as the following:
- Exhibits a high level of trust and confidentiality
- Manages details, tasks, and projects efficiently without frequent reminders
- Demonstrates flexibility; adapts well to changing priorities or situations
- Self-directed and proactive; level of supervision required is appropriate
- Teachable spirit with a desire to learn and grow
- Seeks unity in the church and unity for the church
- Email your resume to our Lead Pastor, Jess Rainer, at