The Church at Spring Hill exists because everyone needs the hope of Jesus.
We want to do whatever it takes to see everyone live with the hope of Jesus. As a people, we strive to carry out our lives in a way that fulfills that vision. We believe there are four ways that equip us to live out the vision of The Church at Spring Hill: belong, thrive, give, and love.
Belong to the church family
We worship together every week and lock arms together through church membership.
Thrive in community
We know the Christian life was never meant to be lived alone. We gather often in groups so that we can encourage and equip each other.
We give back to God our time, our talents, and our treasures with unmatched generosity.
We want the hope that lives inside of us to demonstrated through loving actions to others around us.
While it’s hard to sum up our full statement of beliefs or our doctrine in short space, we hope to provide the essentials below. For our full Statement of Faith, click the link at the bottom.
We believe the Bible is the inspired, inerrant word of God and is the basis for any statement of faith. Our church subscribes to the following statement of faith:
- We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old Testament and New Testament are the inerrant, inspired, infallible Word of God. God’s Word is the final authority for faith and life.
- We believe there is only one God who consists as God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. God is all-powerful and all knowing.
- We believe Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ, He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus lived a sinless human life. His death on the cross made provision for the redemption of men from sin. He literally, physically rose from the dead three days later, conquering death and sin. He then appeared to His disciples, and ascended into heaven where He is exalted at the right hand of God.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, fully divine. He inspired men to write the Scriptures. He enables mankind to understand truth, convict them of their need of Jesus Christ, and calls them to the Savior, and effects regeneration. At the moment of regeneration, He baptizes every believer into the Body of Christ. He empowers the believer and the church in worship, evangelism, and service.
- We believe man was created in the image of God and that the sin of Adam (the first man) marred that image, creating an eternal divide between God and man.
- We believe the only way a person can have a true, forgiven relationship with God is through Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. Salvation is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. God offers eternal life as a free gift and it must be received by faith alone through God’s grace alone. The life that comes from this gift is a permanent possession of the one receiving it. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
- We believe the church of the Lord Jesus Christ is a local body of baptized believers on mission to enlarge God’s kingdom by making disciples of all nations. The local church is autonomous, free of any external authority of control.
- We believe Jesus instructed His followers to remember His death and resurrection. He gave the church two visible symbols or ordinances as reminders. These two ordinances are baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- We believe in the literal, physical return of Jesus to judge the living and the dead to complete His redemptive mission.
We believe that we can help fulfill the Great Commission in bigger ways by partnering with likeminded organizations. Here's a list of our current partnerships: